February 14, 2014 § Leave a comment
A Note from Ducky…
|I love Valentine’s Day. Actually I love any excuse to express love. Love your one and only. Love your friends. Love yourself! Enclosed are my valentines updates… xo – DuckyP.S. Oh! A story. I always tell you a story. This one will be short. I was Jane Doe.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Doe_(pseudonym) I was a homeless teenager. I had fallen into a coma due to kidney failure. Another homeless kid carried me to the ER and left me there. I had no identification and no one knew who I was. Having grown up in the foster care system, the day they had set an appointment for a social worker to come work with me was the day I popped the IV out of my arm and tip toed out of the hospital. I went back out into the safety of the streets. Maybe that’s why I love warmth, love, affection and quality sex so much? To be starved of it makes it so valuable to me. Every little drop of it.|
|NYC, Baltimore, Philadelphia & Portland
Seats are already selling out, so please buy tickets in advance. Cuz I wanna see you! Thanks.______NEW YORK______
Feb 14: GIRL GASMS: ART OF THE FEMALE ORGASM
Feb 17: SEX FOR SURVIVORS
FEB 17: HIPS, LIPS & FINGERTIPS: PLEASE YOUR GUY CLASS
FEB 18: HIPS, LIPS & FINGERTIPS: PLEASE YOUR GUY CLASS
FEB 18: GIRL GASMS: ART OF THE FEMALE ORGASM
FEB 22: GIRL GASMS: ART OF THE FEMALE ORGASM
MAR 5: GET WET: FEMALE G-SPOTTING & SQUIRTING INTENSIVE
MAR 6: HIPS, LIPS & FINGERTIPS: PLEASE YOUR GUY CLASS
______FULL TOUR SCHEDULE______
|Ducky’s 2014 Valentine Best Gift List
For your lady love. For your man love. For coupling up love. For kinky love. I cover it all in this blog post… toys that won’t do you wrong.
|Why Do I Love Sex Toys So Much?
Toys teach us things about our bodies. They help us bond. They give us pleasure. They give us more excuses to talk about what we like with our partners… Read more about why I love toys so much in this guest blog post…
|My Toy Shop
Shop your heart out. Here you’ll find the very best in toys, lube, games and so much more! Use the code DUCKY10 and get 10% off!
January 12, 2014 § Leave a comment
I sat down with the other students, feeling excited but also having this absolute sense of unknowing. How would Rachel unravel this dense topic of writing erotica? Without telling you too much (because I hope one day you’ll sit in her class and feel that sense of wonder too) I will say you can literally feel her passion for writing sex and this makes her so fun to learn with. In less than 2 hours time she inspired me to write erotic stories of…
- a BDSM piano lesson
- how to masturbate with a banana peel
- a mitten fetish
- a Pear of Anguish Steel Locking Anal Plug
- a strip club dressing room
- a gay leather bar
- explicit details of what it is to have a deep oral fixation
I have already written and published a good share of erotica in my lifetime but never the less – this class was very inspiring. Rachel’s prompts and exercises has my mind all lit up! The stories unfolded faster than my hands could write. I left feeling motivated, with a notebook full of ideas. And on top of all that, it was really cool to write without the isolation that so often comes with being a writer.
If you have a desire to write a story for your Valentine, to be published or to expand your creative mind in any way – go! You will not regret it. The workshop was called Writing Erotica for Pleasure & Money. She is presenting the class again on Friday, January 17th at the New York Academy of Sex Education.
And who knows where your erotica writing may take you? Watch this mini-documentary (circa 2003) to see where it has taken me!
January 3, 2014 § 17 Comments
I already own a couple of these items but have not yet played with or reviewed them. Others I have yet to acquire. But I swear to you… in 2014 these items will be devoured and the reviews spat out for you to enjoy. Why? Because a girl has to have goals.
|It’s called the Pulse by Hot Octopuss! How can I NOT have sex with a Hot Octopuss? It’s designed as a guy solo toy or as a couples toy. The photo looks sort of strange but there are more images that really show the range of possibilities. I am so curious! Buy it here.
|A friend just got the Limon as a gift and immediately sent me a facebook message singing it’s praises. She has never done that before, so I think there has got to be something to it. Buy it here.
|I just did a sex toy training with a flock of sex toy brainiacs. (It’s a big sex toy brain exchange!) There was a resounding love of the Tantus O2 line. I vow to try the Cush O2 and learn more about the O2 toys. Buy it here.
|The Love Paddle is just so cute! There is a picture of a woman being spanked on it! It’s gonna look awesome hanging up with all my other paddles. And hopefully the sensation it delivers will live up to my expectations as well. Buy it here.
|The Eroscillator has always sort of freaked me out. It looks like a vibrating toothbrush! But I have many friends who swear by this device. I’m gonna bite the bullet and do it. I’m going to have sex with it. For you. For science. To live on the edge. To no longer stand on the outskirts of society. I will have my way with it. Buy it here.
|I saw this in a sex shop but I could not justify buying it at the time. (I have so many sex toys!) The Iroha Midori Vibe fits in the palm of your hand. It’s soft and smooth, not unlike the Japanes mochi treats. Made of silicone. I love the simplicity of it. It’s rather unique. I have to try it. Buy it here.
|This is how you officially make an ass cute! (Or cuter!) I already own the Hello Kitty Glass Plug by Crystal Delights. And I am excited to properly review it for you. Buy it here.
|The Key Pyxis Finger Vibe a little vibe that pops on the tip of your finger. Another item I saw in a sex shop and denied myself. But it is so strong and smooth. I love how it attaches to a finger so it will not slip out of your hands. When ever I can’t stop thinking about something it is to me a sign that I have to try it. Buy it here.
|These new Ceramix toys are very interesting to me. I have seen ceramic dildos that you could fill with warm or cool water and cork. But I have never seen a ceramic vibe before. Again, I need to know what this is! Buy it here.
|I can’t remember which one of my blogger buddies was talking about this Pure Aluminum toy on twitter, but I was intrigued! I like metal toys and I want to feel how the vibrations move though aluminum. Buy it here.
|The Revel Body has gotten some very mixed reviews online so of course I have to try it for myself! One never knows until they try something. The “sonic” power, shape and attachments have me curious enough to take the leap! Buy it here.|
December 18, 2013 § 1 Comment
There is nothing like spending a few days with fellow sex educators from Planned Parenthood, social workers, medical professionals, academics, bloggers, podcasters, counselors, therapists, community organizers, policy makers, administrators, clergy, and more…
Here’s my round up of things I loved…
2. Hobnobbing at the late night reception, hosted by Tantus. I got to give sex toys away. I was very popular! Until I ran out of toys.
3. Six AM yoga for everyone. It was too early for me, but I still love that they did it! I envied them for getting up early and caring for themselves. They envied me for sleeping in a little and caring for myself. Everyone wins.
4. Hearing Vice president of Education for Planned Parenthood Leslie Kantor recap sex education in 2013. Her delivery was smart, hilarious and motivating.
5. Seeing the stunning Condom Couture dresses Adriana Bertini showcased. Art and education collide with her beautiful work.
6. Spending a little quality time with Founder and President of The Academy for Adolescent Health Mary Jo Podgurski. She never shys-away from the needs of youth and is hyper-inclusive. Unique, powerful and generous- I admire her work greatly. I also got to participate in her “Me Too: Sexuality Education for People of ALL Abilities” session and purchased both Inside Out:Your Body is Amazing Inside & Out & Belongs Only to You and What’s Up as YOU Grow Up?
7. I worked the Tantus table a lot this day. It was so fun to help sex educators of other varieties understand pleasure products and pleasure anatomy. I got to feel many sex educators recoil or express fear in their body language as they approached our table. And understandably so. Many sex educators are ridiculed for wanting to teach medically accurate sex education and for talking about realities like masturbation, condoms and STIs. Anything more explicit than safer sex materials and they naturally hesitate. Once they realized Tantus is a healthy-for-the-body, education-based company…. it was fun to see them melt, to answer their questions and be a resource for them.
8. I also got to teach a few gynecologist about the realities of safer sex in play situations. For medical professionals sex can become so medicalized that they forget how to play. They don’t always know the vastness of experiences available to them as individuals. It’s so fun to remind fellow sex educators how important it is for them to play!
9. The people at the table next to ours were the awesome makers of Female Condoms. They were showing the newest version of the female condom, now made out of nitrile. Nitrile is not only less expensive but more sensual. I was thrilled to learn from them. Here is their site for regular folks. And here is their site for sex educators. And read this recent BBC story about how the new female condom is gaining love and being used in other parts of the world.
10. I got to participate in “Sexuality Education & Developmental Disabilities: What Works, What Doesn’t.” The presentation was a short (yet informative) nutshell based on the Sexuality Education For Adults with Developmental Disabilities.
11. I also attended “Being a Trauma-Informed Sex Educator” with Steve Brown. where I learned how to better care for my workshop participants and have more foresight around how a trauma survivor might respond to what I present as a sex educator.
12. There were three session this day that were profound and inspiring. Starting with the very insightful, expressive, inclusive Terri Clark of the LGBT Elder Initiative working a room full of sex educators through the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid.
13. Later I participated in “The Unique Needs of Youth in Foster Care” with Allyson Sandak of Answer (creators of Sex, ect.) I really loved how she used input from foster youth and former foster youth as the basis for the session. This was a very thoughtful presentation about a very vulnerable population.
14. And finally, upon coming home… I got to send a package of Tantus sex toys that specifically meet the needs of people with disabilities to a sex educator in Milwaukee so she can do a sexuality workshop for Independence First: The Resource for People With Disabilities. (My job rules.)
All of this has me getting excited for both Catalyst Con in March where I will be representing Tantus again. And for the Western Canadian Conference on Sexual Health where I will be giving a keynote on Foster Youth & Sexual Health.
Maybe I’ll see you there?
October 25, 2013 § 1 Comment
TANTUS HIRES RENOWNED SEX EDUCATOR DUCKY DOOLITTLE AS EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Tantus Inc, is proud to announce that Ducky Doolittle; renowned sex educator, author, and sexual liaison, is now the Education Coordinator for Tantus.
As an Education Coordinator, Ducky will be performing educational workshops, and Tantus product trainings, for retail customers and distributors, providing marketing collateral for better brand and sales support, to increase consumers purchase experience, sexual prowess, and manage Tantus’ physical in-store environment.
“There’s never a wrong time, to do the right thing, and the right thing for Tantus is Ducky. Ducky Doolittle shares the same core values, and has true conviction in bringing healthy sexual wellness products to consumers. Her illustrious career as a sex educator and advocate of Tantus makes her the perfect fit, and we are extremely proud and honored to have her. We believe that she will be a tremendous asset for consumers and Tantus alike. ” said Director of Sales & Marketing Walter Hinchman.
“I have been working in the field of human sexuality for 25 years now. One key to my longevity is integrity. I need to live well and speak with absolute honesty. This helps people believe what I have to say and trust my advice. So you know that as I signed on as the Education Coordinator with Tantus it is because I believe in these products. I love the Tantus commitment to health, wellness and self-knowledge. The company has always been an innovator in the world of adult products. They care for the wellness of their customers. I can proudly stand by that.”
Ducky has toured and presented at numerous college campuses, sex shops, and adult industry conferences, conveying her dedication and commitment to the field of sexuality, and sexual education.
The motives that drive Ducky are the motives that drive Tantus, and Tantus believes that with the right people at the right job we can accomplish anything.
For scheduled travel and training please contact email@example.com
October 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
I did a crazy, awesome run of 9 gigs, in 3 cities, in 9 days. She Bop and Portland spoiled me with really warm, loving audiences. While in Portland I took the opportunity to drop off copies of the new storytelling zine I made. (Brown paper cover, xeroxed interior, hand stitched spine.) I made it because I am so excited about the reopening of Reading Frenzy! This little book shop has supported me as an author and self publisher for nearly 2 decades. I am over the moon to know their heart thumps on, selling self published materials, art and more.
Sugar and Baltimore treated me to a massive does of charm and hospitality. Big sold out appearances everywhere I went. I feel loved. While there I also dropped some zines off at Atomic Books. I was tickled to see they have expanded to the shop next door and opened a bar in back. Now you know where to find me when I am in Baltimore. I am either teaching at Sugar or drinking at Atomic Books!
For people not in those two cities, the only place you can buy the new zine online is here.
In a couple weeks I head to Chicago and Milwaukee to stir up more fun! Details here.
September 26, 2013 § Leave a comment
This little sex shop is an awesome source of carefully selected sex toys, books and workshops. She Bop is a place where you can ask an honest question, be treated with respect, take a cute date to and find the things that make you spring! They are located down a little street, just off North Mississippi Avenue. Oh and no other shop I know has a section called BOOBS! I love them.
Last time I was there I found good beer on the corner, kitty cross from the store. And rumor has it that Reading Frenzy (one of my favorite shops in the whole world!) is just about to open the doors to their new location– just down the way from She Bop.
All this said, I am about 10 minutes away from moving there! But alas… I have a home. So I have to be content with just visiting and being content just knowing there is this beautiful pocket of good stuff in Portland.