January 29, 2014 § 2 Comments
Tantus wrote this very flattering press release about our working relationship… made me blush! So fun to work with a company that loves me as much as I love them.
Ducky Doolittle, renowned sex-educator and sexual liaison was hired by Tantus, Inc. back in November of 2013, to deliver a message to customers and consumers in how to use Tantus products, and what their major differentiators are. After three months, Doolittle and Tantus have created a synergistic and unified partnership that delivers a noteworthy and educational presentation, and has received an overwhelming response. Returning from a recent training in Toronto, TBMBM Wholesale Account Manager Sophia Springer had this to say. “It was a presentation like no other. It was wonderful to hear a new approach to selling that focuses on the human body, not just the toys themselves. We are very accustomed to product meetings that only talk about the materials, design, packaging, margins, and rarely about the ergonomics, purpose and overall benefits.” Doolittle who expresses product trainings in a unique and unconventional style delivers product trainings and information in a very interesting, upbeat, charismatic, yet informative way. “The major goal for Tantus and Ducky is to help our customers, and our distributor’s customers alike on why Tantus products are different. There is a societal disconnect between conscious consumers and their purchase decisions, and Ducky is here to help educate our customers in how to best convey that message,” said Walter Hinchman Director of Sales & Marketing. “I think that Tantus is doing something wonderful here, and no distributors have to have the traditional paranoia that comes with linking their top accounts to their manufacturers. It is clear that Ducky is not looking to sell to our clients, that is not her role, but rather provide retailers with the necessary tools to succeed in their own sales. We all win from this,” concluded Sophia Springer Wholesale Account Manager at TBMBM. Hurry and Book Tantus training with Ducky Doolittle Now by emailing email@example.com All Tantus toys are made from Tantus’ own unique formula of 100% Ultra-Premium Silicone. The superior quality of Tantus silicone makes all Tantus toys hypoallergenic, non-toxic, phthalate free, odorless, boilable, bleachable and even dishwasher safe. These factors combined make Tantus toys the safest and most pleasurable toys on the market. A toy from Tantus is meant to be used and with minimal care Tantus toys can last a lifetime.
January 12, 2014 § Leave a comment
I sat down with the other students, feeling excited but also having this absolute sense of unknowing. How would Rachel unravel this dense topic of writing erotica? Without telling you too much (because I hope one day you’ll sit in her class and feel that sense of wonder too) I will say you can literally feel her passion for writing sex and this makes her so fun to learn with. In less than 2 hours time she inspired me to write erotic stories of…
- a BDSM piano lesson
- how to masturbate with a banana peel
- a mitten fetish
- a Pear of Anguish Steel Locking Anal Plug
- a strip club dressing room
- a gay leather bar
- explicit details of what it is to have a deep oral fixation
I have already written and published a good share of erotica in my lifetime but never the less – this class was very inspiring. Rachel’s prompts and exercises has my mind all lit up! The stories unfolded faster than my hands could write. I left feeling motivated, with a notebook full of ideas. And on top of all that, it was really cool to write without the isolation that so often comes with being a writer.
If you have a desire to write a story for your Valentine, to be published or to expand your creative mind in any way – go! You will not regret it. The workshop was called Writing Erotica for Pleasure & Money. She is presenting the class again on Friday, January 17th at the New York Academy of Sex Education.
And who knows where your erotica writing may take you? Watch this mini-documentary (circa 2003) to see where it has taken me!
January 2, 2014 § Leave a comment
Hands are such stunning sexual tools. There are just so many ways they can be used on the body. One of my favorite ways is to simply set your hand on your lover and hold it there. Hold their vulva, their penis, their breast. Sit quietly and let their body begin to thump under your touch. Don’t move, tickle or stroke. Just hold them and let them breath. Hold them until they wiggle and ask for more. And them hold them just a bit longer to inspire feelings of playful anticipation. It’s such a simple technique that has such possibility.
This post is inspired by a very touching letter I just received from a woman who is so beautifully conscious and growing in her sexuality. I asked if I could share it because I think there is much to learn from her. She generously said yes.
I attended your Girl Gasms class at Seattle’s Wild at Heart this past year, and I wanted to thank you in particular for the tip on simply holding my hand over my vulva to bring the blood and heat up. I’ve incorporated that into my masturbation with nice results.
I’ve attempted to add it into partner-sex, but have noticed that my recent partners (i.e., exes) have been admittedly too impatient to provide me with such stimulation. Last week I requested it during a session with a body worker and made a fundamental realization: the first thing I should be asking for in any sex negotiation – after safer sex standards, perhaps – is time. It was initially weird and awkward for me to just lie there while someone hovered patiently above me with their gloved hand on my cunt. I found that when we made eye contact, we’d both break into these goofy grins. I initially tried to fill the quiet with talk of my observations, but realized that the session was about keeping me in headspace, so I worked on receiving without trying to cater to – by way of second-guessing – my partner as much.
At the point where I accepted that I had plenty of time to relax and enjoy, I found that negotiation for adjustments became much easier. I wasn’t frustrated if he didn’t get it immediately, because explaining wasn’t cutting into what I considered to be a very finite amount of time to get it right before I catered to him. The more clearly and smoothly I could explain, the more I got what I wanted.
It’s all very simple, but this solution has been overshadowed by the fact that I’ve spent the last 25 years reacting to selfish partners who had their own agenda – either them directly or overlaying the memory of them onto the few good lovers I had. I’ve done a lot of work on myself over the past five years, so the temptation to kick myself or others for lost pleasure is diminished. Now I look forward to my sensual future.
Taking your class and practicing some of what I learned from it has brought me to this point, and I appreciate you making a career out of sharing what you’ve learned.
December 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
December 18, 2013 § 1 Comment
There is nothing like spending a few days with fellow sex educators from Planned Parenthood, social workers, medical professionals, academics, bloggers, podcasters, counselors, therapists, community organizers, policy makers, administrators, clergy, and more…
Here’s my round up of things I loved…
2. Hobnobbing at the late night reception, hosted by Tantus. I got to give sex toys away. I was very popular! Until I ran out of toys.
3. Six AM yoga for everyone. It was too early for me, but I still love that they did it! I envied them for getting up early and caring for themselves. They envied me for sleeping in a little and caring for myself. Everyone wins.
4. Hearing Vice president of Education for Planned Parenthood Leslie Kantor recap sex education in 2013. Her delivery was smart, hilarious and motivating.
5. Seeing the stunning Condom Couture dresses Adriana Bertini showcased. Art and education collide with her beautiful work.
6. Spending a little quality time with Founder and President of The Academy for Adolescent Health Mary Jo Podgurski. She never shys-away from the needs of youth and is hyper-inclusive. Unique, powerful and generous- I admire her work greatly. I also got to participate in her “Me Too: Sexuality Education for People of ALL Abilities” session and purchased both Inside Out:Your Body is Amazing Inside & Out & Belongs Only to You and What’s Up as YOU Grow Up?
7. I worked the Tantus table a lot this day. It was so fun to help sex educators of other varieties understand pleasure products and pleasure anatomy. I got to feel many sex educators recoil or express fear in their body language as they approached our table. And understandably so. Many sex educators are ridiculed for wanting to teach medically accurate sex education and for talking about realities like masturbation, condoms and STIs. Anything more explicit than safer sex materials and they naturally hesitate. Once they realized Tantus is a healthy-for-the-body, education-based company…. it was fun to see them melt, to answer their questions and be a resource for them.
8. I also got to teach a few gynecologist about the realities of safer sex in play situations. For medical professionals sex can become so medicalized that they forget how to play. They don’t always know the vastness of experiences available to them as individuals. It’s so fun to remind fellow sex educators how important it is for them to play!
9. The people at the table next to ours were the awesome makers of Female Condoms. They were showing the newest version of the female condom, now made out of nitrile. Nitrile is not only less expensive but more sensual. I was thrilled to learn from them. Here is their site for regular folks. And here is their site for sex educators. And read this recent BBC story about how the new female condom is gaining love and being used in other parts of the world.
10. I got to participate in “Sexuality Education & Developmental Disabilities: What Works, What Doesn’t.” The presentation was a short (yet informative) nutshell based on the Sexuality Education For Adults with Developmental Disabilities.
11. I also attended “Being a Trauma-Informed Sex Educator” with Steve Brown. where I learned how to better care for my workshop participants and have more foresight around how a trauma survivor might respond to what I present as a sex educator.
12. There were three session this day that were profound and inspiring. Starting with the very insightful, expressive, inclusive Terri Clark of the LGBT Elder Initiative working a room full of sex educators through the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid.
13. Later I participated in “The Unique Needs of Youth in Foster Care” with Allyson Sandak of Answer (creators of Sex, ect.) I really loved how she used input from foster youth and former foster youth as the basis for the session. This was a very thoughtful presentation about a very vulnerable population.
14. And finally, upon coming home… I got to send a package of Tantus sex toys that specifically meet the needs of people with disabilities to a sex educator in Milwaukee so she can do a sexuality workshop for Independence First: The Resource for People With Disabilities. (My job rules.)
All of this has me getting excited for both Catalyst Con in March where I will be representing Tantus again. And for the Western Canadian Conference on Sexual Health where I will be giving a keynote on Foster Youth & Sexual Health.
Maybe I’ll see you there?
October 25, 2013 § 1 Comment
October 25, 2013 § 1 Comment
TANTUS HIRES RENOWNED SEX EDUCATOR DUCKY DOOLITTLE AS EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Tantus Inc, is proud to announce that Ducky Doolittle; renowned sex educator, author, and sexual liaison, is now the Education Coordinator for Tantus.
As an Education Coordinator, Ducky will be performing educational workshops, and Tantus product trainings, for retail customers and distributors, providing marketing collateral for better brand and sales support, to increase consumers purchase experience, sexual prowess, and manage Tantus’ physical in-store environment.
“There’s never a wrong time, to do the right thing, and the right thing for Tantus is Ducky. Ducky Doolittle shares the same core values, and has true conviction in bringing healthy sexual wellness products to consumers. Her illustrious career as a sex educator and advocate of Tantus makes her the perfect fit, and we are extremely proud and honored to have her. We believe that she will be a tremendous asset for consumers and Tantus alike. ” said Director of Sales & Marketing Walter Hinchman.
“I have been working in the field of human sexuality for 25 years now. One key to my longevity is integrity. I need to live well and speak with absolute honesty. This helps people believe what I have to say and trust my advice. So you know that as I signed on as the Education Coordinator with Tantus it is because I believe in these products. I love the Tantus commitment to health, wellness and self-knowledge. The company has always been an innovator in the world of adult products. They care for the wellness of their customers. I can proudly stand by that.”
Ducky has toured and presented at numerous college campuses, sex shops, and adult industry conferences, conveying her dedication and commitment to the field of sexuality, and sexual education.
The motives that drive Ducky are the motives that drive Tantus, and Tantus believes that with the right people at the right job we can accomplish anything.
For scheduled travel and training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org