December 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
December 18, 2013 § 1 Comment
There is nothing like spending a few days with fellow sex educators from Planned Parenthood, social workers, medical professionals, academics, bloggers, podcasters, counselors, therapists, community organizers, policy makers, administrators, clergy, and more…
Here’s my round up of things I loved…
2. Hobnobbing at the late night reception, hosted by Tantus. I got to give sex toys away. I was very popular! Until I ran out of toys.
3. Six AM yoga for everyone. It was too early for me, but I still love that they did it! I envied them for getting up early and caring for themselves. They envied me for sleeping in a little and caring for myself. Everyone wins.
4. Hearing Vice president of Education for Planned Parenthood Leslie Kantor recap sex education in 2013. Her delivery was smart, hilarious and motivating.
5. Seeing the stunning Condom Couture dresses Adriana Bertini showcased. Art and education collide with her beautiful work.
6. Spending a little quality time with Founder and President of The Academy for Adolescent Health Mary Jo Podgurski. She never shys-away from the needs of youth and is hyper-inclusive. Unique, powerful and generous- I admire her work greatly. I also got to participate in her “Me Too: Sexuality Education for People of ALL Abilities” session and purchased both Inside Out:Your Body is Amazing Inside & Out & Belongs Only to You and What’s Up as YOU Grow Up?
7. I worked the Tantus table a lot this day. It was so fun to help sex educators of other varieties understand pleasure products and pleasure anatomy. I got to feel many sex educators recoil or express fear in their body language as they approached our table. And understandably so. Many sex educators are ridiculed for wanting to teach medically accurate sex education and for talking about realities like masturbation, condoms and STIs. Anything more explicit than safer sex materials and they naturally hesitate. Once they realized Tantus is a healthy-for-the-body, education-based company…. it was fun to see them melt, to answer their questions and be a resource for them.
8. I also got to teach a few gynecologist about the realities of safer sex in play situations. For medical professionals sex can become so medicalized that they forget how to play. They don’t always know the vastness of experiences available to them as individuals. It’s so fun to remind fellow sex educators how important it is for them to play!
9. The people at the table next to ours were the awesome makers of Female Condoms. They were showing the newest version of the female condom, now made out of nitrile. Nitrile is not only less expensive but more sensual. I was thrilled to learn from them. Here is their site for regular folks. And here is their site for sex educators. And read this recent BBC story about how the new female condom is gaining love and being used in other parts of the world.
10. I got to participate in “Sexuality Education & Developmental Disabilities: What Works, What Doesn’t.” The presentation was a short (yet informative) nutshell based on the Sexuality Education For Adults with Developmental Disabilities.
11. I also attended “Being a Trauma-Informed Sex Educator” with Steve Brown. where I learned how to better care for my workshop participants and have more foresight around how a trauma survivor might respond to what I present as a sex educator.
12. There were three session this day that were profound and inspiring. Starting with the very insightful, expressive, inclusive Terri Clark of the LGBT Elder Initiative working a room full of sex educators through the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid.
13. Later I participated in “The Unique Needs of Youth in Foster Care” with Allyson Sandak of Answer (creators of Sex, ect.) I really loved how she used input from foster youth and former foster youth as the basis for the session. This was a very thoughtful presentation about a very vulnerable population.
14. And finally, upon coming home… I got to send a package of Tantus sex toys that specifically meet the needs of people with disabilities to a sex educator in Milwaukee so she can do a sexuality workshop for Independence First: The Resource for People With Disabilities. (My job rules.)
All of this has me getting excited for both Catalyst Con in March where I will be representing Tantus again. And for the Western Canadian Conference on Sexual Health where I will be giving a keynote on Foster Youth & Sexual Health.
Maybe I’ll see you there?
December 4, 2013 § 4 Comments
Here they are… the 13 toys that found themselves in heavy rotation around here in 2013… In alphabetical order because I can’t rank my love of these toys…
|This 100% silicone Beginner Ball Gag is more comfortable than your average gag, as it sits behind the teeth. Leather strap snaps off so you can thoroughly clean the ball bit. Looks cute in your face! Buy it here.
|Did you know that you can make your butt even cuter!?! This super smooth Bunny Tail Glass Butt Plug fits snugly in place. The fluffy tail is attached with a magnet that makes it very functional. You can pop the tail off to be able to see what you are doing while inserting or removing the toy. You can also pop the tail on and off to clean the toy. A genius design. Hell… pop the tail off and you can attach any of your favorite fridge magnets to the thing! (Come on, do it!) Made by Crystal Delights, my favorite glass toy maker in the whole world. Buy it here.
|A bit more slim than your average insertable, silicone toy. The Charmer has four well defined G spot speed bumps! The idea is to mimic the sensation of fingers, while giving full depth of penetration with each thrust. Despite being a classic Tantus design, I have fallen in love with it again. But isn’t that how one defines a classic? Buy it here.
|I say it again and again… If you have ugly panties THROW THEM OUT! I believe you should feel beautiful and panties are the first thing you put on in the morning… Of course panty beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this year my panty of choice has been Cheeky Panties. They look awesome on big butts and small butts. They are super comfortable. They give every butt a nice round look because of how they circle around the cheeks in the back. And that little V at the front of the waist line makes your hips look vavavvoomy and your tummy look tighter. Win. Win. Win. Buy ’em here.
|The *new* EVI is a simple vaginal toy that brings stronger, more badass orgasms and pelvic strength – all in one awesome little package. My all time favorite toy of 2012 year. But now they have upgraded the design to have a more flexible neck. You still get that tight fit once it’s in place but the flexible neck makes it much easier to insert and remove the toy. Buy it here. Use checkout code DUCKY20 and get 20% off.
|The Harmony by Fuze is unique. Smartly designed for solo and harness play. The shaft has enough curve to deliver pressure on the G spot or prostate. The silicone is super smooth. (Great for play but can be a lint collector if left out in the air for even a short time.) But what I really LOVE is the base. It has a hole that can be filled with a small vibrating bullet or during solo play pop your finger in that hole and you get awesome leverage for thrusting. And the base is also an oval curve that aligns nice with the curves of the pubic bone when harnessed. Stunning design twists, I say. Buy it here.
|Never say no. Always try new things. Why do I say this? Because the Liberator Flip Ramp was never something I was excited about. Then I was sent one to review and I FELL IN LOVE! It creates subtle changes in your positioning ability that can result in lots of fun and orgasms! Try it on the floor, on the bed, bound with rope… I could go on and on. The cover unzips and washes with ease. Buy it here.
|Shut up. I know the Magic Wand is on my list every year. It keeps me from becoming criminally insane. It is perfection. It will stay on my best-of list always. Buy it here.
|The smoothly tapered tip on the Neo Plug make for easy, comfortable entry. Your muscles will hold on to the tight neck and the narrow anchor fits perfectly between your cheeks. A little piece of butt plug perfection. Buy it here.
|For skin-on-skin play, Sliquid Silver is my favorite. But when it comes to playing with toys, silicone lubes like Sliquid Silver are not the best option. When I know toys are going to be a part of my fun, I use Sliquid H2O. Healthy, simple lube made by a company that cares about my health. Love that. Buy it here.
|Oh dear, sweet Panty Play, one of the unsung heroes of the vibrator world. Shaped to press up against the whole vulva, cupping this whole responsive area- from clit to perineum. Tuck it inside your panties for hands-free fun. Rope it tight against the vulva to deliver inescapable sensation. Playful, simply and full of sensation. Made of 100% silicone. The bullet vibe pops out so you can boil or bleach the toy and have a super clean toy. Love that. Buy it here.
|All the fetishistic lushness of leather or rubber but in body safe, super-cleanable silicone! This whole line of Tantus silicone paddles are perfection. The Pelt just happens to be the one in high rotation in my toy box. At the moment! Buy it here.
|The king of all cock rings. The Super Soft C-Ring is stretchy yet gives a nice solid grip on the base of his cock and perineum. 100% silicone so it will last forever and is easy to clean. The fact that it is flat means it does not roll as he puts it on or takes it off, so it does not pull at his skin or body hair. The best easy-on, easy-off cock ring you’ll ever own. Looks sexy on him too! Buy it here.
October 25, 2013 § 1 Comment
October 25, 2013 § 1 Comment
TANTUS HIRES RENOWNED SEX EDUCATOR DUCKY DOOLITTLE AS EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Tantus Inc, is proud to announce that Ducky Doolittle; renowned sex educator, author, and sexual liaison, is now the Education Coordinator for Tantus.
As an Education Coordinator, Ducky will be performing educational workshops, and Tantus product trainings, for retail customers and distributors, providing marketing collateral for better brand and sales support, to increase consumers purchase experience, sexual prowess, and manage Tantus’ physical in-store environment.
“There’s never a wrong time, to do the right thing, and the right thing for Tantus is Ducky. Ducky Doolittle shares the same core values, and has true conviction in bringing healthy sexual wellness products to consumers. Her illustrious career as a sex educator and advocate of Tantus makes her the perfect fit, and we are extremely proud and honored to have her. We believe that she will be a tremendous asset for consumers and Tantus alike. ” said Director of Sales & Marketing Walter Hinchman.
“I have been working in the field of human sexuality for 25 years now. One key to my longevity is integrity. I need to live well and speak with absolute honesty. This helps people believe what I have to say and trust my advice. So you know that as I signed on as the Education Coordinator with Tantus it is because I believe in these products. I love the Tantus commitment to health, wellness and self-knowledge. The company has always been an innovator in the world of adult products. They care for the wellness of their customers. I can proudly stand by that.”
Ducky has toured and presented at numerous college campuses, sex shops, and adult industry conferences, conveying her dedication and commitment to the field of sexuality, and sexual education.
The motives that drive Ducky are the motives that drive Tantus, and Tantus believes that with the right people at the right job we can accomplish anything.
For scheduled travel and training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org